Building and Construction
Transferable Skills Training has a dedicated construction workshop where all the necessary skills for these qualifications can be taught and practised.
The expanding economy means more opportunities in the construction industry for people with suitable skills.
The purpose of these qualifications is to provide learners with the underpinning skills and knowledge required to progress to further study in the building and construction industries and, ultimately, to work in these or other related sectors.
OCNLR Entry Level 3 to Level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Progression
The study programme will be made up of a number of units which may include some of the following:
- Aspects of Citizenship
- Personal and Interpersonal Conflict
- Brickwork: Introduction to Building a Half Brick Wall Three Courses High
- Building a Three Brick Square Hollow Pillar
- Constructing a Half Brick Wide Wall using Bricklaying Skills
- Constructing a One Brick Wide Wall using Bricklaying Skills
- Use of Tools and Equipment for Bricklaying
OCNLR Level 2 Certificate/Extended Certificate in Skills for Professions in Building and Construction
The study programme for Level 2 will be made up of a number of units which may include some of the following:
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Working in the Construction Industry
- Developing Skimming Techniques
- Build Brick and Block Walls
- Developing Brickwork Bonding Skills
- Applying for a Job