DAY TO DAY
Everything you need to know whilst with TST
Clothing & PPE
We provide any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that you might need on your course including overalls, gloves, goggles and hard hats.
You will need a full set of waterproofs (coat and trousers) and a pair of wellies, preferably with steel toe-caps. Please tell us if you have any problems with this, as we may be able to offer you some help.
You will need to wear appropriate clothing for the activities you are undertaking. These are our guidelines regarding clothing:
- Shoes must be closed toe with a flat sole.
- Wear plenty of warm layers in cold weather.
- No shorts – long trousers only.
- Wear woolly hats in winter, sun hats in summer.
- No offensive slogans on clothing.
Clothing may get dirty, so please don’t wear anything that is particularly precious or valuable.
Lunch and Breaks
During the day at TST there are breaks in the morning and afternoon, and a half hour lunch break. These are usually at the following times, but may be adjusted by your tutor to accommodate an activity:
- Morning Break 11:15 – 11:30
- Lunch Break 12:30 – 1:00
- Afternoon Break 2:15 – 3:00
You will need to bring enough food and drink with you for the whole day. Tea, coffee and drinking water are available on site. Energy drinks are not permitted on site.
We run a minibus service from both Plymouth and Liskeard. If you are using this service we expect the following rules to be followed:
- Be at your bus stop at the arranged time.
- Contact the office if you will not be catching the bus, or if you expect to be late.
- Be polite and respectful to the driver and other passengers.
- Keep the bus clean and tidy.
- No smoking in the bus.
If you have an issue with another student or a member of staff we have a complaints procedure that will be followed. Any complaints will be taken seriously and dealt with sensitively.
You can report a complaint to any member of staff. They will refer the matter to Katie Connell, Head of Education, who will then follow procedure as appropriate. If your complaint is regarding Katie Connell the matter will be referred to Nikki Markham, Director.
Our complaints policy and procedure is available to read in the office in the policies file.
Transferable Skills Training - 2022-2023 Term Dates
|Autumn Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|
Oct 24th – 28th
Feb 13th – 17th
May 19th – June 2nd
|Term Starts |